A04: MMA Bookie
This assignment uses ProbLog to model mixed martial arts fights and to predict the probability of winning.
Each fight has two fighters. Each fighter has the following attributes:
- advanced training (yes/no)
- height class (short, tall)
- weight class (feather, middle, heavy)
- age group (young, middle, old)
There are several constraints and influences on the probability of winning:
- more likely to be feather weight if young
- more likely to be middle/heavy weight if middle/old
- heavy vs. feather, heavy wins
- tall always has advantage
- better trained always wins
- better trained are older
- better trained is more important than age
Write a ProbLog file,
mma.pl, that represents this domain. Add evidence for at least four fighters, and write at least three queries that ask who is the most likely winner in a paired fight. Include some queries where one or both fighters are variable.
- 5 pts: the full domain is represented, data for four fighters is included, three queries are included, everything functions properly, and the domain is consistent and reasonable.
- 4 pts: the domain is fully described, consistent, and reasonable, but fighter data and/or queries are incomplete.
- 0-3 pts: the domain is only partially described, is inconsistent, or unreasonable.